DocCamp 2020 OPEN CALL
Calling young filmmakers in Europe!
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the democratic referendum outlining the border between Denmark and Germany, we invite young filmmakers from all over Europe to join DocCamp 2020 to create short documentaries inspired by the border identity between Southern Denmark and Northern Germany.
The Documentary Camp will take place during 4 weeks on both sides of the Danish-German border. You will live and work together from:
Tuesday the 14th of April – Friday the 8th of May 2020
We are looking for producers, directors, DOP’s and editors to form four teams producing one short documentary each. Workshops, lectures, field trips and meetings with locals on both sides of the border will engage you in the theme:
“What is border identity?”
All participants will be introduced to the historic background through expert talks, they will get exclusive insight from fascinating local people and get the chance to explore the border-area on their own. A professional documentary filmmaker and a professional editor will guide, inspire and consult the teams.
From July 2020, the 4 finished documentaries are to be screened and distributed on Danish, German and European festivals and at special events during the anniversary year.
– Your local Film Workshop will cover your travel expenses.
– On the camp, accommodation and three meals a day will be covered.
– There is a participant fee of 150 € for Producers, Directors and DOPs.
– Editor’s fee is 75 € as they are only joining for the second two weeks.
We are searching for participants between 20-27 years who have experience with at least one (documentary) film production in their respective field (editing, directing, camera, producing).
– A motivational letter, describing why you want to participate in the workshop (max 1 page)
– A short CV, including your recent experience with filmmaking (max 1 page)
– Links to your work (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube, no downloads please)
NEW APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 24th 2020.
If you have any questions concerning the call, please email:
– Aarhus Film Workshop, Merete Stubkjær: email@example.com
– Filmwerkstatt Kiel, Arne Sommer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here: http://screentalent.eu/