OPEN CALL – STE PITCHING FORUM 2022!
We are excited to announce the 7th annual Screen Talent Europe Pitching Forum! In collaboration with Mediefabrikken and The Norwegian Short Film Festival, we invite European producers, directors, and screenwriters to pitch their short film projects during the festival. The winner will be awarded a production grant of 4 000 EUR!
STE Pitching Forum takes place during the Norwegian Short Film Festival in Grimstad, Norway from june 8 to june 13. 15 emerging filmmakers will be selected to pitch their projects during the festival in front of a jury an audience of potential co-producers, financiers and filmmakers. The pitch will be held Thursday June 9 with a mandatory preparing workshop on Wednesday june 8. Travel, accommodation and food from 7th of june to 10th of june will be covered by the event. After the pitch on Thursday, we invite all the participants and festival audience to join us for a boat trip on the beautiful Norwegian fjords of Grimstad. The winner will be announced later in the evening.
- To participate you must have a connection to one of the Screen Talent Europe partners (work/live in their region/country). List of partners can be found at on the application form.
- Producers, directors, and screenwriters are eligible to apply if they have produced at least 2 films (short fiction or documentary).
- You must apply with a project in development (fiction or documentary) with a maximum length of 30 min.
- To participate you need to be available for pitching preparations on Wednesday June 8 and of course the pitch on Thursday June 9.
- Deadline for application is May 8, 2022. To apply please fill out the form HERE.
As well as attending the Pitching Forum Participants will take part in:
- A workshop preparing your pitch on June 8. The workshop will be held by mentors from Mediefabrikken
- Different social and networking activities. For example boat trip on the Norwegian fjords and joint dinners
- Participants will also have free accreditation for the entire festival program
Screen Talent Europe is a network of film centers working with talent development in Europe. Screen Talent Europe aims to create more co-productions, networking opportunities and collaborations between emerging filmmakers across Europe. Read more about Screen Talent Europe and see the list of partners here: https://screentalent.eu/
The Norwegian Short Film Festival is a short film festival with a competition program for Norwegian and international short film, short documentaries and Norwegian music videos. In addition to the competition programmes, they present retrospectives, organize panel debates and industry meetings, arrange workshops and seminars, concerts, boat trips and more. The festival is an inportante debut platform for many young filmmakers in Norway, amd for the more established ones, perhaps the most important showcase for free independent films: https://kortfilmfestivalen.no/en/
The Pitching Forum is organized by Mediefabrikken, the Screen Talent Europe Partners and The Norwegian Short Film Festival.
All the pictures are taken from previous Screen Talent Europe Pitching Forums