OPEN CALL // Screen Talent Europe Pitching Forum 2023
We are excited to announce the 8th annual Screen Talent Europe Pitching Forum! In collaboration with Screen Talent Europe and The Norwegian Short Film Festival, we invite European producers, directors, and screenwriters to pitch their short film projects during the festival. The winner will go home with a production grant of 4 000 EUR.
STE Pitching Forum takes place during the Norwegian Short Film Festival from June 7 to June 9 in Grimstad, Norway. 12 emerging filmmakers will be selected to pitch their projects during the festival in front of a jury and an audience. The pitch will be held Thursday June 8 with a mandatory preparing workshop on Wednesday June 7. Travel, accommodation and food from June 6 to June 9 will be covered by the event. After the pitch on Thursday, we´ll invite all the participants and festival audience to join us for a boat trip on the beautiful Norwegian fjords of Grimstad. The winner will be announced later in the evening.
- To participate you must have a connection to one of the Screen Talent Europe partners (work/live in their region/country). List of partners can be found on the application form.
- Producers, directors, and screenwriters are eligible to apply if they have produced at least 2 films (short fiction or documentary).
- You must apply with a project in development (fiction or documentary) with a maximum length of 20 min.
- To participate you´ll need to be available for pitching preparations on Wednesday June 7 and of course the pitch on Thursday June 8. That means that you most likely must travel to Grimstad June 6.
- The pitch will be held in English
- Deadline for application is April 2, 2023. To apply please fill out the form HERE
As well as attending the Pitching Forum Participants will take part in:
- A workshop preparing your pitch on June 7. The workshop will be held by mentors from Mediefabrikken
- Different social and networking activities. For example, a boat trip on the Norwegian fjords and joint dinners
- Participants will also have free accreditation for the entire festival program